jeudi, septembre 01, 2005

are friends electric?

I wish I could remember where and when I first found out about licking nine volt batteries. So incredulous was I to discover that this was the kind of thing that teenage boys do, that I made it my business to ask every man I have since had a meal with (I don't ask the boys yet for fear of putting very silly ideas into their heads) if they have ever done it. Every single man I have asked so far has responded in the positive.

Except, I admit, my father, who redefines straight as meaning 'inconceivable if it goes against the tenets of the Torah, unless there is a football match on at the same time'.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gizmo said...

I just found your site and I think its geat

10:09 PM  
Blogger sashinka said...

and here was I thinking I'd heard most things. What happens when you lick a nine volt battery?

11:03 PM  
Blogger englishwoman said...

Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.

9:56 AM  
Blogger englishwoman said...

Gizmo - thanks

Sashinka - try it!

11:05 AM  
Blogger just a girl said...

I've never heard of this before! I don't know what happens when you lick a 9 volt battery...

Can you provide a hint, please?

maha

8:51 PM  
Blogger englishwoman said...

well, you're making contact between the positive and negative ends of the battery, with a wet tongue... and water is an excellent conductor of electricity.

Isn't it wierd that all boys know about this and no girls (up until now)?

8:47 AM  

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home